Monday 23 November 2009

STYLIST OPINION



IF I WERE A GIRL?
Just how many looks can one girl morph into? Ten? Twenty? Two thousand? The last number would probably be a closer guess. Apart from Jennifer Aniston of course who seems to only have had two looks her whole life, one being 'Rachel', and the other being, well Jennifer Aniston. (That girl really needs to experiment more.)
Women really have all the fun when it comes to fashion, styling and dressing up. They have the world at their manicured finger tips, if they choose too of course. And why wouldn't you?
Actually some girls never really get into the habit, and I find it to be a mixture of disappointment and frustration at the same time. Its really upsetting to see a young woman sitting on the tube with greasy mousy brown hair scraped back into an elastic band, no make-up and tatty old trainers on her feet. There is something really annoying to me about lazy women who put no effort into their appearance.
Am I being to harsh? Maybe, because of course we all have our off days and for guys life is a lot simpler.  But if I were a girl I think I would be really going for it.
Shoes, Handbags, Short Skirts, Push up Bras, Blonde, Brunette, Red Lips, Smokey eyes, Dark nails, Dewy skin, Up do's, Straight, Wavy, Little Black Dress, Stockings, Suspenders, Lingerie, Diamonds, Pearls, Hats, Gloves and Scarfs. And the list keeps going...................................
Don't get me wrong Im very happy being a guy and in my book men should look like men, which means no make-up, no high lighted hair and definitely no 3/4 pants!
But girls you really have the upper hand in the power of transformation, so go for it, because you can.  Maybe this is why I love hair and make-up so much? The power to transform women, since I cant do it to on myself.
If next time you are having a crisis over what to wear for the day, remember to stop and think 'actually what can't I wear ?' And let the boys be boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment