Saturday 24 October 2009

AFROdisiac!

The fact that I was new to Guido's team and that he sees all was the reason that I took so few pictures of my time backstage at the shows in Paris. For one thing you are usually working so hard that you don't have time and another it looks so uncool/unprofessional to start snapping away like a tourist when the point your are there is to work!
But I did want to catch the Vuitton hair to see its visual effect. After the team had stayed up all night well into the morning sewing these afro wigs together (50 wigs in total, and one takes about three hours to make) I was kind of sick of the sight of them. We were all so tired and could not even take in the pleasure that we were inside the Lourve for this show. By this point everyone one was getting a bit delirious as it was nearing the end of the week, and we had all been up the last few nights prepping for Vuitton and McQueen.
'Keep the crowns high', Guido would keep yelling at us, I think even he found it all a bit amusing. So in all our delirium state there was lots of foe wig brushing going on. Its all in the art of looking like you actually fluffing and lifting. By the time all the wigs were put onto 50 models we were rushed into a waiting mini van and taken to work on Miu Miu, the final challenge! So I did sneak this pic with fear, I find Im impartial to judge the afro wigs because I would have gladly burnt the lot of them by the end of it.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post... I can see that you put a lot of hard work on your blog. I'm sure I'd visit here more often.
    George
    from Afrodisiac.

    ReplyDelete