Monday 26 October 2009

SOUTH OF FRANCE?

Hair and Make-up for Sophie Koch in the latest Royal Opera House season campaign. Picture was taken at Le Mont Saint-Michel in Normandy, France. I was first told that the shoot was going to take place in the South of France, which I have to admit was a little more excited about, then just ending up in Normandy. 'We are shooting at some castle on a island that you can only get to when the tide is out, you probably know it', I casually say to my Parisian lover. 'This is only one of the most important places in France,' he replies back with horror at my sheer ignorance of all things French.
And I have to admit it was quite spectacular, even when you are standing in quicksand mud at an ungodly hour in the morning working while the tide is quickly creeping in.
The one thing I hate about early morning shoots on location is not only how early you have to get started for hair and make-up, but it is all the moisture that is in the air at that time of the day. It can turn gorgeous full hair into a flat damp mess in minutes. Oh the shame. This one is okay though.

No comments:

Post a Comment